Thursday 13 January 2011

After the Deluge

When I went to Las Vegas recentley I saw this gorgeous painting in an art exhibition at the Bellagio Casion Called "Figuratively speaking". I saw loads of great works there but my favorate was Yoshitomo Nara's "After the deluge".  I completely feel in love with it and it made me quite emotional. The painting is huge and apparantley contains a personal message to Yoshitomo that he keeps to himself allowing viewers to come up with their own meaning.  I am a sucker when it comes to art galleries and museums.  I couldn't help myself but go in when we walked past the exhibition and I'm so glad we found it. My Boyfriend did a search on the internet the other night and put it on my phone as a screen saver and it brought back all those feelings. I thought I'd share it with you all. Enjoy!

Yoshitomo Nara "After the Deluge"

No comments:

Post a Comment